Re: RFS: scram/0.16.2-1

On Sun, Jan 14, 2018 at 12:35:25PM -0800, Olzhas Rakhimov wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 14, 2018 at 12:28 PM, Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org>
> wrote:
>

> > Note that your versioned dependency on g++ (>= 7.1) is not working as you
> > want
> > (it won’t enforce the requirement that you have in mind.
> >
> > Since g++ has an epoch number (currently 4), what you want is g++ (>=
> > 4:7.1).

> ​Thanks. Pushed the epoch. Btw, where can I read about it?

About epochs in general:

 https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/#version

About the current epoch of the g++ package:

 apt show g++

> Also, is there anything Salsa related update to d​o?

You may want to update the Vcs-* fields with the new addresses:

Vcs-Git: https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/scram.git
Vcs-Browser: https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/scram

The old URL (with anonscm.d.o) still works for the time being, because a
redirection has been setup, but this is clearly temporary, as has just been
stressed again, see:

https://salsa.debian.org/salsa/AliothRewriter/commit/a777f2f76aac583e1b8b13f1f486ae8ad166a241

However note that some people in the Debian Science Team do not agree with the
dropping of the anonscm.d.o hostname and refuse to do the change for the time
being.

P.S.: Please do not CC me on replies, I am subscribed to the list. See
https://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#codeofconduct

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer