Re: Coin3d and SoQt with Qt5 and CMake

Hi Leo,

>> I built coin3d+cmake in experimental trying to fix #874727.
>> But yes, one need to build also soqt and pivy.
>
> still has the bug. At least what the users said. Looking on the CMakeLists, the
> CMake version uses the internal expat version. I would try to look on it, but I
> cannot promise anything.

The bug really exists in unstable and testing. The version in experimental is
fixed and really depends on  libexpat1. But as I told you, soqt and pivy
should be fixed to be built against cmaked-version of coin3.

[1] https://packages.debian.org/experimental/libcoin80v5

>> Qt5+Coin3 is difficult because freecad does not support it yet.
>> I am not going to maintain coin3+soqt+pivy.. any more (very
>> limited time and no use of those packages).
>
> I hope I could help on February for this packages. I use coin3+soqt so no
> problem here.

That would be fine! So we could then upload experimenatl->unstable and
finally fix  #874727.

Best regards

Anton