Re: A common group on salsa.debian.org for R packages ?

Le Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 12:34:05PM +0300, Boris Pek a écrit :

> > Thus, people would only need to ask for membership if they want to
> > create a new project (needs Master level), or if they have a guest
> > account and are not member of the Science or Med team (that would be
> > Developer level).
>
> Sorry for a late reply to this thread. But I am wondering: why have you
> decided to make a separate Salsa group instead of making of special
> subgroup in Debian Science Team group?

Hi Boris,

at that time I did not know about subgroups.

In any case, I think that it should not make a big differnece: since we
want to not only share the repositories with the whole science-team
group, but also with the Debian and the future Debian Med groups, we
need anyway to manage the group sharing of the repositories.

(In the long term we need to write a command that spots which
repositories are not appropriately shared, and corrects that).

Following the discussions on flat structures and stable URLs, I also
started to wonder about just putting the repositories in the Debian
group directly.  This would not make a big difference, except that the
risk of accident of a) our API calls to touch the wrong repository, and
b) other DD's API calls to mess accidently with our repositories would
be slightly higher.

Have a nice day,

Charles

--