Re: Debian science robotics subgroup

Hi Leopold,

since you give permission to post on Debian Science I do so in public.
Please always keep the blog posting of our beloved DPL in mind!

   https://chris-lamb.co.uk/posts/dont-ask-your-questions-in-private

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 10:08:47AM +0100, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
> I have been thinking and looking on salsa and I would like to ask you if you
> think that it could be interesting to have a subgroup about robotics.
>
> With the migration to salsa, we have lost the folder of ROS and maybe I'm a bit
> scare to have a big namespace with all the debian science packages, but it's
> just a personal feeling.

I'm personally not scared by the flat name space.  I do not think that
"hiding" metainformation in a subgroup / subdir is not really helpful in
the end.  The only thing that might be worth considering, is whether you
think an own Debian Robotics Blend would fly (in terms of contributors
and number of packages).  In this case a separate packaging team might
make sense.

> I don't have a strong opinion against or in favor of it. I'm just asking you if
> it's worthwhile to try it.
>
> Leo
>
> PS feel free to answer it in the Debian Science list if you think it's more
> appropriate.

Done. :-)