Re: New GitLab-Salsa service and Debian-Science Team

On Mon, Jan 08, 2018 at 11:41:45AM +0100, Sébastien Villemot wrote:
> > It rather sounds like the doc above must be wrong.  Once the migration
> > is completed the package by package rewriter can be droped and anonscm
> > can point to salsa.  Anything else is not acceptable.
>
> Note that, even with your proposal, we would have to update the Vcs-* fields of
> all packages, because the Debian Science packages do not have the same access
> path on salsa.d.o as they did on alioth.d.o.
>
> I.e., assuming that anonscm.d.o is now an alias for salsa.d.o, we would have to replace:
>
> Vcs-Git: https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-science/packages/$pkg.git
>
> with:
>
> Vcs-Git: https://anonscm.debian.org/science-team/$pkg.git

Well, OK, but that's a problem of a non-optimal layout decision by
Debian Science which is surely a bit unfortunate.  But there must be a
solution which avoids that we need to update Vcs field every second
release.  For this very purpose anonscm was invented to make it the last
needed change in general.