Re: Re: New GitLab-Salsa service and Debian-Science Team

Hi,

> Hi David,
>
> On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 08:38:33AM -0400, David Bremner wrote:
>> > I *really* hope that there will be a solution which does not need any
>> > VCS-field replacement.  I'm pretty bored by replacing VCS-fields every
>> > third year (or so).
>>
>> I sympathize with your boredom (although that is really something
>> doesn't need an upload by itself). My understanding is that the current
>> plan is not have any alias for salsa, so some change will be needed.
>
> If there is no alias for salsa, we'll need an upload.  Otherwise UDD
> will feature wrong VCS URLs and all Blends pages become wrong.  Its not
> only that I'm bored but there are several services relying on that
> information.  My point is that I'm simply questioning the current plan.

Now that this seems to be solved by:

https://salsa.debian.org/salsa/AliothRewriter

I added a file (definitions/debian-science.conf) to start the mapping, see my
merge request: https://salsa.debian.org/salsa/AliothRewriter/merge_requests/10

Please add all the migrated repositories there.

Hope that helps

Philip