running CI tests before package sponsorship

Dear Debian Science,

Is it possible to do CI testing on a package build in a salsa
repository that has not yet been uploaded?
I am getting ready to propose a package that features a lot of
numerical tests in its test suite and I am afraid of hitting many
unknown numerical errors on the variety of architectures that Debian
tests on.  I would like to fully test it in an environment as close to
ci.debian.net as possible before wasting a sponsor's time with a bunch
of test failures.

I see that I could set up Gitlab CI, perhaps this would be a good
approach.  But am I right to understand that this is not the same
testing environment as ci.debian.net?  Are there already
science/numerical packages using Salsa's CI for testing prior to
upload?

regards,
Steve