Re: Fidlab: Request for mentorship

Hi Apostol,

I admit I am a bit overwhelmed with too many things and would wish you
find a sponsor who has a bit more of a leisure mentoring you.
Congratulations for getting as far as you have already got. There is a
bit of work to do, still, but only a bit :o)

Quick things: The current policy is 4.2.1. .

You need an  https://wiki.debian.org/ITP and close that in the
debian/changelog.

The source in debian/copyright is where you got the sources from, not
where you maintain it. That goes to Debian control. The debian/watch
file is empty, the home page of fidlab is not specified.

I came up with this package description that you may want to consider:

differences

Please run lintian in the end. It gives many good pointers.

The Debian Policy is amazingly readable. Please give this a shot. Back
in the days I wished I would have read that sooner. And I already hear
people shouting back that I should read that again. Ok. I'll do.

Best,

Steffen