Re: MPI debugging workflows

Answering some of my own questions inline...

Dima Kogan <dima@secretsauce.net> writes:

> 2. Is the MPI implementation significant? Would mpich behave
> potentially differently here from openmpi?

I rebuilt sundials with mpich instead of openmpi, and those tests now
work just fine: nothing locks up. There might be other issues involved
here, but I'd like to fully figure out what's going on before proposing
any such change.

I also poked around with a debugger a little bit: the lockup is inside
some MPI calls. Anybody have experience here? I can imagine this is an
openmpi bug, but the last time I touched MPI anything was about 20 years
ago, so any info from more-recently-experienced people would be welcome.