Re: Sundials lagging behind upstream

James Tocknell <aragilar@gmail.com> writes:

> 2. The new matrix/solver libs refer to a (which one isn't specified)
> LICENSE file, but appear to not match any one. I've currently put them
> under the top level LICENSE (LLNL/LLNS), but that's doesn't match the top
> of the files (LLNS/SMU). Suggestions of how to handle that?

My feel is that either choice is fine for debian/copyright, but I'll
send an email to the upstream mailing list, asking them to clarify.

> With the new sunlinsol and sunmatrix, what do the SOs depend on, it'd be
> nice to avoid having to bring in the whole mpi dependency tree when mpi
> isn't being used.

OK. I split off sunlinsol and sunmatrix into their own sub-libraries.
Their SONAME versions could diverge in the future, and this would
require a split.

These packages are not perfect, but I think they're good-enough to push.
So I just pushed them to the archive. They still need to clear NEW, so
don't expect them to be installable TOMORROW, but soon.

dima