Re: Freecad is looking for new maintainers

Hi Anton,

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 11:17:35PM +0200, Anton Gladky wrote:

> freecad_0.16.6712+dfsg1-2 has just been uploaded and
> two of its maintainers (me and Teemu) decided not to maintain
> this package any more. Adam, which is currently the only
> one in "Uploaders"-field seems to be not active for a long time.
>
> I am not orphaning the package because it is team-maintained.
> But it would be good if somebody could take over the package.

IMO, it's better to orphan the package, to make it clear that it has no active
maintainer. Otherwise that critical piece of information may go unnoticed for a
long time by third parties, including potentially interested maintainers. And
this doesn't prevent the future maintainer from keeping it in Debian Science.

Best,

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer