Re: Sundials lagging behind upstream

James Tocknell <aragilar@gmail.com> writes:

> Upstream has at the very least moved files around, and based on the
> changelog that upstream posted, there are definitely ABI breaks. I did go
> through the files and update d/copyright, but I need to do one final pass
> before I push it. I plan on doing that in the next week or so.

I just worked on this some more. The git repo now contains packages that
are buildable and installable and usable; I think. The examples all
build and run except

- the CUDA ones
- the superlu-mt ones (Debian doesn't ship this dependency)

I haven't looked at the copyrights. So James, when you get a chance to
push those updates, that'd be wonderful.

Other than that, the main remaining hurdle to pushing these into the
archive is figuring out what to do with sunlinsol and sunmatrix. My
understanding is that these provide some internal functionality. They
have a different ABI version than the rest of sundials, but the same as
each other. So I'm putting all these into a new libsundials-core1
package. Does this seem reasonable?

Past that, there're a few more issues that need to be resolved, but that
I don't think are blockers for us.