Change of license of Nvidia drivers

Hi all,

Maybe I am not asking to the right people but you may redirect me to
the appropriate list within the debian community.

Some facts: Nvidia changed the license agreement on the 21st of
december 2017 for their driver making it illegal to use these drivers
inside a datacenter except for crypto-currency mining, unless you use
them on tesla-class hardware.

I doubt this is legal in most countries as it was common to purchase
servers with Titan-cards and those servers can no-more be used since
the beginning of the year (even if purchased under the former EULA).

Debian registers all licenses and the "nvidia license" is referenced
for the non-free repository. I would be interested in debian's official
point of view as the new EULA clearly looks incompatible with
open-source software.

Thanks for your thought
--
Jérôme Kieffer

PS: debian science may be interested as it comes down to computing on GPU...

This is the official statement I got from an nvidia representative:
"""
GeForce and TITAN GPUs were never designed for datacenter deployments with the complex hardware, software, and
thermal requirements for 24x7 operation, where there are often multi-stack racks. To clarify this, we recently added
a provision to our GeForce-specific EULA to discourage potential misuse of our GeForce and TITAN products in
demanding, large-scale enterprise environments.
"""