Re: VTK

> Am Donnerstag, den 22.03.2018, 18:11 +0100 schrieb Christophe Trophime:
>> >

>> Could we generate, as an alternative, VTK packages when building
>> ParaView?
>> From my experience it's feasable...
>> The only trouble, here , is with python plugins..
>
> While this may be feasible, I think smaller packages are better to
> maintain. And with the current VTK packages we also provide tk/tcl and
> java bindings. Rolling all this into the paraview build is probably
> also not straightforward.

But then it's on the paraview side that there are troubles to be fixed
since paraview ships and relies on its own VTK, especially the python vtk part.
For instance, paraview-python is not working very well because of that.

Anyway, there is no straightforward approach to this unfortunately.
The best, for me, would have been to build Paraview on top of VTK.
But this seems "out of question" from upstream...

Best