Re: RFS: python-line-profiler/2.1-1

Le vendredi 09 février 2018 à 11:51 +0100, Sébastien Villemot a écrit :
> Dear Ghislain,
>
> On Mon, Feb 05, 2018 at 08:58:23AM +0000, Ghislain Vaillant wrote:
>
> > Could someone please sponsor the following update to src:python-
> > line-
> > profiler [1]? Just a boring update to the latest upstream release
> > and
> > some housekeeping. It builds and tests fine with debomatic [2].
>
> I just sponsored your upload.

I can't see the update. Has it been pushed to the archive yet?

> I noticed that you are using the DEP-14 layout (as in another package
> of you
> that I sponsored). I have nothing against DEP-14 per se, but it is in
> contradiction with the Debian Science policy which mandates the
> master/upstream
> default. I would prefer that such changes are incorporated into the
> Policy than
> introduced on a per-package basis, in order to avoid heterogeneity
> across team
> packages.

Since both were transitions from DPMT, and they use a weird hybrid
between the old style and new DEP-14 repository layout, I made a choice
and picked the latter. It happens to be my personal preference, tbh.

Ideally, I agree this should be reflected in policy. It has been on my
todo list for a while. Imo, as long as d/gbp.conf is properly filled,
the inconvenience should be minimal.

> A few other minor points:
> - please do not add the debian/$VERSION tag, it's rather the job of
> the sponsor

Old habbit of mine. I use tagging to communicate the version *I*
personally request an upload for, just in case another team member
happened to push changes while awaiting for a sponsor. The cost of
retagging is pretty minimal anyway.

> - do not forget to delete the old repository in the Debian Python
> Modules team

Correct, and they just happened to complete their transition to salsa.

> - there is a lintian warning (missing manpage).

Upstream is aware of it. I am not the right person to write it, as I
don't personally use this utility. I am leaving the warning in case a
contributor might want to provide one.

> Thanks for your contribution,

Thanks for your sponsorship and constructive comments. Always
appreciated.

Cheers,
Ghis