Re: how to properly define version number of a package using git+COMMITID in the version?

On Fri, Feb 02, 2018 at 04:23:37PM +0100, Christophe Trophime wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to update a package feelpp from its latest release 0.103.2 to a more recent development version.
> I've tried to define the newest version as: 0.103.3+gitREVNUMBER with REVNUMBER the id of the git commit
>
> The trouble is that when trying to update locally my package which are stored in a local repo
> apt still wants to install 0.103.2 version instead of the newest 0.103.3+gitREVNUMBER
>
> What do I miss to get the dev version to be installed?

Since 0.103.3+gitREVNUMBER > 0.103.2 (can be easily checked with "dpkg --compare-versions"),
the problem does not come from versioning, but more likely from apt pinning.

What's the output of "apt policy $PACKAGE" ?

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer