Re: Next python-mote pre-condition - issue with pybuild: python-backports.tempfile conflicting python-backports.weakref

> > > However, in Debian case, I do not know how this can be handled as
> > > 2 packages cannot hold the same file (even if __init__ is only an empty
> > > file), and at least one must be present (if you install only one).
>
> The Python jargon is that the "backports" shared by backports.tempfile
> and backports.weakref is a "namespace package".
>
> For Python 2, dh_python2 handles this: python-lazr.restfulclient and
> python-lazr.uri are an example of cooperating packages that share a
> namespace package.

FTR: If you want to use dh_python2's --namespace: make sure ALL packages
that share namespace use this feature and not a single one ships
__init__.py file.

> > I'm not a python expert but I expect the least-horrible way to do this
> > would be to ship a package that only contained the __init__. Then have
> > all the python-backports.* packages depend on it.
>
> This is not necessary, and would probably (hopefully?) lead to rejection
> from the NEW queue.

I don't think it's a bad solution, I used it in the past for some
packages.
--
GPG: 1D2F A898 58DA AF62 1786 2DF7 AEF6 F1A2 A745 7645