Re: [Debian-science-sagemath] Sagemath Build-Depends backported - unfortunately build error (Was: Help needed to backport ipywidgets ... (Was: Backporting sagemath))

Andreas Tille:
> Hi Tobias,
>
> On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 02:35:26AM +0100, Tobias Hansen wrote:
>> Here is a status page for you:
>> https://people.debian.org/~thansen/debian-jessie-sage-7.4-status.html
>>
>> It will be updated every night. For this one experimental, NEW and devel
>> are ignored, even though the legends are still there.
>>
>> Every package where you are behind could lead to failing tests,
>> especially the math packages.
>
> Despite I'm not sure whether I fully understand this table I'll grab my
> hat as Debian Med maintainer and backport biopython.

I think this is not necessary, we're only doing the "standard" packages (see the grey headers in the table). The other sections ("pip", "optional", etc) are there just for information purposes, but you don't need to do that when backporting Sage in Debian, and we're not testing those.

(If this team doubles in size maybe we'll think about supporting the optional packages eventually.)

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git