Re: New geophysics / geophysics-dev task [Was ITP: libmseed]

Hi Pierre,

please *always* discuss this kind of things in public on the Debian
Science mailing list where it belongs to (or at least be aware that I'll
always violate the netiquette by forwarding your private mail to the list
as I'm doing now).

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 09:55:27AM +0100, Pierre Duperray wrote:
> On 03/16/2017 04:43 PM, Ghislain Vaillant wrote:
> >So, this is a layout we could start with:
> >- geophysics: hydroffice.bag-tools (+ python3-obspy in the future
> >perhaps)
> >
> >- geophysics-dev: libmseed-dev, python3-hydroffice.bag
> >
> >We might also want to check with the GIS team too.
> >
> >Ghis
> below a PR with a first draft,

Thanks for the draft,  Please note that there is no need to provide
extra information than just the name of the binary package.  So all
you added in addition to

   Depends: libmseed2

and

   Depends: hydroffice.bag-tools

is totally unneeded and overridden by information in Ultimate Debian
Database.  The only reason to add such information is if a package is
not yet even in Vcs.

I also removed "Depends: libmseed2" since there is no point in adding
dynamic library packages to user oriented tasks.  If there would be a
libmseed2-tools package this might be apropriate for the geophysics
tasks.

I took over these new tasks into a new branch experimental.  The point
is that we are currently in freeze and we need to give good reasons for
release team for new binary packages.  As far as I can see we do not
really have good reasons for the moment - so we should probably wait
until Stretch is released.

> The following changes since commit ab73e1f3c6bcf90dfdb67fd07822758e9228f1f7:
>
>   Add python3-pweave (2017-03-16 17:17:29 +0000)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
>   ssh://git.debian.org/srv/home/users/zulu-guest/public_git/science.git geophysics
>
> for you to fetch changes up to 57cc63cea367840ae5337c69e3e02936b84c35ca:
>
>   updated config/control file for geophysics* (2017-03-17 09:10:07 +0100)

Feel free to commit directly to the experimental branch for further
changes.