Re: OutReachy

Hi Elina,

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 04:17:25PM +0500, Элина Курбангалеева wrote:
> I'm interested in your project.

Fine.  I took the freedom to forward your mail to the Debian Science
list since as I stated I can not mentor this project alone.   I was
hoping for other mentors but unfortunately noone volunteered up to now
so I'm not sure whether this project will happen at all. :-(

> My cv is very frugal, but I believe, I can do anything if I want.
> elllkk.github.io
> Could you give me a task?

The idea for the topic was born out of the thread on the Debian Science
mailing list which starts here[1].  I would suggest you read the
discussion first.  In case you might have some experience with packages
mentioned there a possible start would be to run some test suite with
the Debian packaged software and with one that you installed manually
with full optimisation switched on.

> "Benchmarking scientific packages for general and architecture specific
> builds"
> Yours faithfully,
> Elina.

Thanks again for your interest and I *really* hope that some Debian
Science member will support the project to let it happen which will not
be the case if I'd be the only mentor.

PS: Greetings to Ufa where I had the pleasure to stay for one week
    back in the 80th last century. :-)

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2017/02/msg00038.html