Re: Vc: SIMD Vector Classes for C++

Am 03.02.2017 um 12:39 schrieb Graham Inggs:
Hi Kay

On 03/02/2017 13:01, Kay F. Jahnke wrote:
I'm currently trying to get the ubuntu package sources for vc-dev up to
date, so I thought I might find the package in debian, hoping that an
update there would eventually trickle down. But it's not there - at
least I can't find it.

You are correct, the package exists in Ubuntu [1], but not in Debian.
A RFS (Request for Packaging) bug for vc has already been filed [2].
Rather than spend your time trying to get the Ubuntu package up to date,
I suggest preparing the updated package for Debian.
You should have no trouble finding sponsorship for your package at
Debian Mentors [3].

Graham, I shied away from getting involved with the packaging effort, but as far as ubuntu is concerned, my problem has now been solved, since the package for zesty now uses recent upstream code. I thought I'd let you know; maybe debian can use the ubuntu package:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/zesty/vc-dev

[1] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/vc
[2] https://bugs.debian.org/846491
[3] https://mentors.debian.net/