Test suite issues that might be connected by missing depends by dh-r

Hi,

I have not fully understood the failure of the autopkgtest if
r-bioc-biovizbase[1] but fixed it by simply adding

   r-cran-foreign, r-cran-nnet

to the test dependencies (the second one was missing as well).  When
stumbling about the similar issue for r-bioc-cummerbund[2] I'm simply
wondering whether there is a systematic issue and whether the source of
the problem is somewhere else than in the said packages.  A grep inside
the source code does not give any hint about the missing dependency from
r-cran-foreign but I learned that it is needed to build the package and
also to test the package.  Any explanation for this issue?

[1] https://ci.debian.net/data/packages/unstable/amd64/r/r-bioc-biovizbase/20170114_192454.autopkgtest.log.gz
[2] https://ci.debian.net/data/packages/unstable/amd64/r/r-bioc-cummerbund/20170114_192457.autopkgtest.log.gz