Re: Please categorise your packages for the Debian Science metapackages

Hi,

On 04/01/2017 15:50, Andreas Tille wrote:

as in every release cycle I'm trying to verify that every package
maintained in Debian Science team is properly categorised in our Blends
tasks.  If a package is just a predependency for some other scientific
software I can add it to a blacklist of packages that should not show
up in the Debian Science metapackages explicitly.  I have uploaded the
list of not yet categorised (not yet blacklisted) source packages to

   http://blends.debian.net/tmp/debian-science.txt

The list also contains the latest uploader - so simply seek for your
name - everybody in CC is mentioned at least once in the list and should
definitely have a look.  If other readers here feel competent to
classify a package for one or more (!) tasks in our task list

   https://blends.debian.org/science/tasks/

evary suggestion is welcome.

To add a binary (!) package to a task you can simply

    debcheckout -u your_alioth_login debian-science
    cd debian-science/tasks

and edit the task in question.  Members of the Debian Pure Blends team
as well as any DD (ACLs are set but I have heard this does not work
reliably) have commit permissions.  I'm also fine if you debcheckout
anonymously and send me `git format-patch` formated changes or just
answer here to this mail.

If you are not sure whether a package belongs to a task or not feel
free to discuss this here.

Kind regards and thanks for your cooperation

Ah, thanks for the heads-up and taking care of the blends!

Those should clearly be mathematics :
- edge-addition-planarity-suite
- flint-arb
- flintqs

and that one should be mathematics-dev:
- rw

The case of rubiks isn't clear-cut: it could be seen as mathematics, geometry, combinatorics (non-existing) or "brainy game" (non-existing) -- it contains Rubiks' cubes solvers, after all. What do you think about it?

Cheers,

Snark on #debian-science