Re: Please add ros packages to robotics tasks

Hi Jochen,

On Mon, Jan 02, 2017 at 12:00:44AM +0100, Jochen Sprickerhof wrote:
> * Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> [2017-01-01 23:27]:
> > I added these metapackages as well as their first dependencies in the
> > following patch:
>
> Thanks a lot, I had just cloned the repo when I found your commit :).

:-)

> > Any DD has commit permissions and those who are working
> > actively on robotics packages should maintain this task themselves.
>
> I tried to commit the attached patch, but all blends seem to belong to
> the scm_blends group, which I'm not part of (I found other DDs not
> being in that group, so I don't think any DD has access).

Hmmm, its not that all DDs would be in that group but the project should
have ACLs set (as well as Debian Science has).  Seems this does not work
reliably in all cases.

> Could you either give apply the attached patch or give me access to the
> repo?

I've adde you to the Blends group right now.

> > BTW, you might like to consider a robotics Blend which enables you to
> > use Blends tools to maintain the metapackages you created manually.
>
> That sounds interesting. Could we still be part of the debian-science
> team with that?

Definitely.  Debian Astro went this step 2 years ago.  The Blends
documentation has a chapter about creating an own Blend[1] (which might
have some outdated stuff so please read with some care).  Debian Science
is actually an umbrella for topics that might become separate Blends and
as far as I can see the robotics topic is covered by some active people
maintaining a fair amount of packages that might profit from a more fine
grained categorisation than just robotics and robotics-dev.

Feel free to discuss this issue here and/or on
debian-blends@lists.debian.org.  A new year would be a nice point in
time to create a new Blend. ;-)

Happy new year

       Andreas.