Re: How to deal with pandas

On Wed, Oct 04, 2017 at 03:52:56PM +0200, Sébastien Villemot wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 04, 2017 at 03:43:00PM +0200, Anton Gladky wrote:
>
> > one more option is to drop pandas on those archs (filing
> > RM bug) and fill the list of supported archs explicitly
> > in d/control.
>
> If the pandas binaries are known broken on those archs, then it is the only
> acceptable solution (I guess the debate is then about how broken they are).

And BTW, the arch list should not be restricted. If the pkg FTBFS on those
archs because of the testsuite, then it is fine to leave it like that. This may
attract the attention of porters who could provide a patch (or the problem may
disappear later because it is fixed in the toolchain or upstream).

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer