Re: please push mpi-defaults tags, etc

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 11:21:17PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I added this into my ~/.gitconfig but this did not pushed tags
> automatically.

mh, really?  In gitconfig it should be something like

```
[push]
    followTags = true
```

What it does is (git-config(1)):
       push.followTags
           If set to true enable --follow-tags option by default. You
           may override this configuration at time of push by
           specifying --no-follow-tags.

--follow-tags is (from git-push(1)):
       --follow-tags
           Push all the refs that would be pushed without
           this option, and also push annotated tags in
           refs/tags that are missing from the remote but
           are pointing at commit-ish that are reachable
           from the refs being pushed. This can also be
           specified with configuration variable
           push.followTags. For more information, see
           push.followTags in git-config(1).

the behaviour I'm seeing is: if you are pushing a branch "foo", and that
branch "foo" contains a commit that is tagged, then that tag will also
be pushed.

Note that this option was added sometime around git 2.1.8 IIRC, so it's
not available in jessie, but starting only from stretch.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :