Scotch upgrade [Was: Re: MUMPS and other imminent upgrades]

On 12/06/17 09:03, Drew Parsons wrote:
On Mon, 2017-06-12 at 15:55 +0800, Drew Parsons wrote:
Hi Graham, once stretch is clear I want to push the new version of
MUMPS to unstable.  Just letting you know and Debian Science know in
case we need to worry about trilinos during the transition.

In this toolchain, SCOTCH is also due for upgrade.  Any takers?

I reckon having a look at scotch back when I packaged pyfr (which could use either metis or scotch for graph partitioning), but cannot remember why I did not submit an update in the end.

I'll give it another go. Do we agree that we only want to support the latest version (6.0.4) from Buster onwards, and drop the 5.x series currently in the archive?

Cheers,
Ghis