Re: Numba for Debian Science

On 29.12.2016 22:39, Daniel Stender wrote:
> llvmlite is in unstable and running all right, but Numba (currently 0.30.0) has a couple of
> problems [1].
>
> One is, get_host_cpu_features() from llvmlite returns nothing on some archs (this appears to be a bug
> in LLVM, see [2]), this now results in a RuntimeError.
>
> But there is also a segault on i386, test failures with Numpy 1.12.0 and other issues.
>
> I'm on it and seek to have it ready mid January.
>
> DS

There some progress on Numba. I've got 0.33.0 in experimental now, with llvmlite 0.18.0 running
on LLVM 4.0. Sorry for the delay.

The good news is, the problem with llvm.get_host_cpu_features() yielding a runtime error on
some archs disappeared, and Numba is ready for Numpy 1.12 now.

Unfortunately, it remains being a test failure fest, and builds nowhere w/o problems:
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?repeatmerged=no&src=numba

I've posted bug reports on the individual issues, if you want to fix some and provide patches,
welcome.

DS

--
4096R/DF5182C8