Re: [Debian-science-sagemath] Sagemath Build-Depends backported - unfortunately build error (Was: Help needed to backport ipywidgets ... (Was: Backporting sagemath))

Hi Tobias,

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 02:35:26AM +0100, Tobias Hansen wrote:
> Here is a status page for you:
> https://people.debian.org/~thansen/debian-jessie-sage-7.4-status.html
>
> It will be updated every night. For this one experimental, NEW and devel
> are ignored, even though the legends are still there.
>
> Every package where you are behind could lead to failing tests,
> especially the math packages.

Despite I'm not sure whether I fully understand this table I'll grab my
hat as Debian Med maintainer and backport biopython.

> On 04/17/2017 10:54 PM, Ximin Luo wrote:
> > - SignalError: Segmentation fault when calculating groebner_basis(), Tobias dealt with this back in January and he might have some more comments to add. I see you already backported python-brial but perhaps you also need to revert some stuff we added for GCC-6 support.
> >

> I think for these segfaults you have to undo the changes in brial
> 0.8.5-4 that were done to fix building with gcc 6, I'm not sure though.

I'll do so.

Thanks again for your and Ximin's support for my backporting attempt