RE:bornagain packaging: how to split binaries

Hello Mika

[...]

> Now I'm wondering how to split this into binary packages. From a user
> standpoint, I think it would make sense to have:
> * python{,3}-bornagain, which would bring everything needed for using
>   BornAgain from python{,3}, but which does not pull in the GUI. This
>  package would be useful e.g. for using BornAgain on a remote machine
>  like a compute server.

the name of the python modules is bornagain ?

python[3]-bornagain.<gui module name> if you really want to avoid bringing all the gui part.

What is the size of all this ?

> * bornagain, which would bring the GUI and depends on
> python{,3}-bornagain. This would be the default package to install
>  for GUI use etc.

yes

> So, my question is basically:
> What binary packages make sense, how would I split bornagain into
> several packages to support both the python workflow as well as GUI
> usage. And: how much work would it be to support C++ usage as
> well and what additional package would I need for that?

Maybe you should staticaly link the C++ library into the python-modules if you do not want to
provide and maintain the c++ library packages for now.

Is bornagain just python scripts ?

Cheers

Fred