Re: [Neurodebian-devel] Please consider moving common packages to Debian-Science

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:
> > * pandas
> > * pymc
> > * statsmodels
> > * scikit-learn

> I'd also add at least those two:

> * mpi4py
> * seaborn

> > Would you consider moving these packages to debian-science instead? This
> > would enable team-maintenance for a larger team and may help to keep
> > them in a good shape. At least, I don't want to join neurodebian just to
> > fix the stuff in-place.

> The question, of course, is if moving the packages will really magically
> attract more maintainers... my understanding is that packages are maintained
> in NeuroDebian by default to make it easier for NeuroDebian maintainers &
> leverage the repository infra they have in place. But maybe something worth
> considering anyways.

Hi Ole and Yury,

In general I don't mind at all moving (or better -- having moved ;) )
any of those packages under debian-science maintenance!    Which one
would you like to start with?  e.g. statsmodels is indeed the
interesting one.  I have just uploaded fresh pandas (which brought new
FTBFS :-/) with hope that some might just go away in statsmodels, but
that didn't happen.   I am still slowly working with statsmodels and
have some non-pushed changes, but if you are keen to start with e.g.
pandas and fixing up any of those issues as it being a part of Debian
science -- it would be awesome.  Just let me know which package(s) you
want to start with so we don't overlap.

Cheers,
--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko