Re: Sponsor upload request for new package scram

Hi,
Thanks for the help and feedback.
I have only a guest account on alioth,
and AFAIK I would need Debian developer to let me create a project.
I will be mirroring the GitHub repo on alioth for packaging.

I use CMake for building. It takes only two lines with cdbs: debhelper.mk and cmake.mk.
There's no other code. I am not sure how to do it without cdbs, so any reference would be helpful.

Thanks,
Olzhas

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 6:09 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Olzhas,

On Sun, Nov 13, 2016 at 03:04:28PM -0800, Olzhas Rakhimov wrote:
> Hello,
> I am new to packaging for debian.
> I would appreciate any feedback and sponsorship
> for this package:
> https://mentors.debian.net/package/scram

I have added scram to the engineering (according to your private mail -
no idea why you have sent it in private).  This at least fullfills one
condition for becoming sponsored via "Sponsering of Blends"[1] but it
violates condition 2. (maintained in Debian Science Vcs).  Since it has
several advantages to maintain Debian packages on alioth, please use
Debian Science git rather than Github for the packaging work.

I did not had a deeper look (if I could clone from git.debian.org I
would possibly have) but seeing cdbs in Build-Dependencies might scare
me away as a sponsor since if all fails I need to step in with
maintaining the package and I'm just in the process of getting rid of
cdbs in all my packages ...

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends/SoB