Re: [ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org: dh-r_20160916_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into unstable, unstable]

On 26/10/16 13:29, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Gordon,
>
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 03:31:47PM +0200, Gordon Ball wrote:
>>
>> Quite a few are probably now out of date (bioconductor release in the
>> meanwhile), but yes, I can push some updates once I'm able to verify the
>> builds without needing to inject a local copy of dh-r.
>
> Just to let you know: I'm working down the packages from BioConductor
> right now and I do the dh-r conversion on my own - so there is no point
> for you to do anything in SVN.

Apologies - real life intervened and I didn't get round to pushing my
version, which are now mostly superceded, as you say. I'll look through
the d-science packages I also tested, but some manual work is needed
since the original modifications were automated without eg, commit or
changelog messages, so I won't likely do so before the weekend.

> BTW, I noticed that
>
>    export DEB_BUILD_MAINT_OPTIONS = hardening=+bindnow
>
> has no influence and the lintian warning about missing bindnow remains.

This came up during the previous dh-r thread. R controls the build
environment and I wasn't able to find a workable way of injecting
LDFLAGS. See the message from Dirk at [1].

(Some workarounds can be found on google for CFLAGS and CPPFLAGS but
they appeared not to work for LDFLAGS, or at least, I couldn't get them
to work).

[1]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2016/09/msg00029.html

I hope using the package has been otherwise unproblematic?