Re: packaging RProtoBuf: permissions only patches?

awesome, thanks dirk, andreas,

i think r-cran-rprotobuf is good to go.

jonathon

On 21/04/2016 21:27, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 09:06:15PM +1000, Jonathon Love wrote:
The R package has

    tests/runUnitTests.R

calling out to the files in

    inst/unitTests/

which became

    unitTests/

in the installed package.  But they need their test driver -- but
runUnitTests.R is not installed by R CMD INSTALL.  That's just how it is.
yeah, that makes total sense.
No, sorry.  Wasting the chance to run a test makes no sense.  See
#752609.

but i'm trying to understand how other
packages get their tests copied into /usr/share/doc/$packagename/tests
See for a random example r-cran-plyr[1].  You simply add a debian/docs
file specifying the files you want to see in docs.
so for example, r-cran-afex has tests in it's root directory:

http://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-science/packages/r-cran-afex.git/tree/tests

and these turn up in /usr/share/doc/r-cran-afex/tests :

https://packages.debian.org/sid/amd64/r-cran-afex/filelist
(or see the example package you used for this. ;-))

I'd just skis this here.  The package _does_ tests its installabilty during R
CMD INSTALL by loading itself.
yeah, i'm more than happy to just rely on the package loading test, but this
seemed like a good opportunity to expand my understanding of what's going
on.
Fully ACK.  I'd love to see running tests at package build time
(#752609) *and* autopkgtests.  While every maintainer can influence the
latter somebody with cdbs (or even better dh!! due to dh_auto_test
feature) skills needs to touch the build scripts.

[1] https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-med/r-cran-plyr.git