Re: Question about distributed FS for high-performance I/O [debian-hpc]

On 30-01-2016 02:10, Dmitry Smirnov wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 12:34:47 PM Fabricio Cannini wrote:
No no no. I strognly advise against Ceph. It is very sophisticated and
fragile with huge and messy code base... Ceph is very unreliable, very
slow and difficult to set up. Ceph couldn't care less for data integrity
and in loing term data corruption is inevitable. I'm talking from
experience. Please stay away from Ceph, it does not worth the effort.

Like I said, I've no experience with ceph. ;)
For curiosity's sake, when/what version of ceph did you used?

All stable releases made in 2014. And I wasn't just using Ceph but also
maintaining it in Debian and contributing upstream.
The problems I'm talking about are systematic issues unrelated to a
particular version.

Yep, from the small digging I did on b.d.o and ceph mailing lists,
ceph ... doesn't seem ready for prime time. Which is a pity.

[ ]'s