Re: debian-science sprint?

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 01:31:29PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> > >    I could probably also come, but just for 2 days.
> >
> > I think two days for an initial debian-science sprint would be fine.
>
> +1

I think Christmas is finally over everywhere around the world, so Happy New
Science Year to all. If we want to hold a Debian-Science sprint this year,
we should decide on a date quickly. I think we agreed to meet for a weekend
(Friday afternoon / Saturday morning - Sunday) for the first Debian Science
sprint. We have no classes from mid-February till early April, but during
the weekends it should be no problem to get a room 10 - 30 people (with
wired internet, eduroam, beamer, the small room comes with a decent coffee
machine as well).

In February it may still be dark, wet and/or cold here here, it does get
better in late March, April. May is usually quite nice, and has more
holidays (so May 5-8 or 13-16 could be an option?).

I created a foodle (excluding some holidays and ending before the end of
June because of Kieler Woche), where you can select the days you could be in
Kiel.

https://tester.dfn.de/foodle/Debian-Science-Sprint-569cf

This should probably be moved to a wiki like debian-med once we have
selected a weekend.

Please mark you dates if you would like to attend. If we have more than two
participants, I can check if we can get rooms at the guesthouse (~100EUR per
week when I last booked there 2 years ago).

Christian