Re: engrid in debian

On Monday 04 January 2016 21:11:52 Filippo Rusconi wrote:
> >W: engrid-doc: empty-binary-package
> >W: engrid-blenderscripts: empty-binary-package
> >W: engrid: extra-license-file usr/share/doc/engrid/gpl.txt.gz
> >W: engrid: extra-license-file usr/share/doc/engrid/licence.txt
> >
> >I have tried to manually delete those /usr/share/doc/ files but they keep
> >regenerating...Any help would be appreciated.
>
> What you can do is build the software, then in d/rules remove all the
> files that you do not need. Finally, "install" all the remaining
> software in the appropriate binary packages.
d/rules is pretty standard and is pretty simple since is following debhelper 9
standard...What I was looking for is to remove those lintian warnings.

> Where is the packaged software ?
If you mean the upstream source, you can download it at
http://engits.eu/en/engrid; if you mean the debian packages, they are in my
laptop /home :-) I have got 3 packages: engrid, engrid-doc, engrid-
blenderscripts.
As said, everything went fine except for those lintian warnings...but anyone
interested to make them enter debian can pick up my source packets, build them
in sid, fix those lintian warnings and upload the software. I can try to build
them in sid using pbuilder but I need time to study it.