Re: Python-numpy transition breaks at least two packages

Hi all,

On 23.12.2016 11:19, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I'm also not sure and people who know better than me should feel free to
> close bug #849177.  I'd be really happy if there are better solutions to
> fix python-skimage in the next 36 hours.  My reading of the arguments in
> #849177 is that there are other reasons to revert the upgrade even
> without the additional problem - thus I was opening the bug report
> independently from other packages like python-skimage and python-skbio.

While the original FTBFS for skimage is solved now, I found another
problem with numpy 1.12 RC (and skimage) which I reported upstream:

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/8413

Currently, this keeps up to get a version of skimage into Debian that
has a chance to migrate.

This is really very disappointing to run into those problems just a few
hours before the window for the stretch migration closes.

Sandro, could you please *immediately* rollback the numpy RC or at least
upload a version that otherwise solves all the regressions that are
still open? Please put a stable, working version of numpy that we all
can rely on. Time matters here.

Best regards

Ole (quite angry in the moment, sorry.)