Re: [Neurodebian-devel] Please consider moving common packages to Debian-Science

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016, Ole Streicher wrote:

* pandas
* pymc
* statsmodels
* scikit-learn

I'd also add at least those two:

* mpi4py
* seaborn

Would you consider moving these packages to debian-science instead? This would enable team-maintenance for a larger team and may help to keep them in a good shape. At least, I don't want to join neurodebian just to fix the stuff in-place.

The question, of course, is if moving the packages will really magically attract more maintainers... my understanding is that packages are maintained in NeuroDebian by default to make it easier for NeuroDebian maintainers & leverage the repository infra they have in place. But maybe something worth considering anyways.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev