Compiling with VTK (version 6)

Hi,

I am currently packaging a Qt/C++ program (dpuser+qfitsview [1]) that
requires VTK6, and I am curious of how I have to specify the include
path and the libraries.

The current version of libvtk6-dev in unstable/testing is 6.2.0, which
uses as include path

/usr/include/vtk-6.2/

and the libraries are named like

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libvtkGUISupportQt-6.2.so

How do I specify this in the QMake (*.pro) so that it will work with
upcoming versions as well? Currently I have

VTK_VERSION = $$system(echo /usr/include/vtk-* | cut -d- -f2)
INCLUDEPATH += /usr/include/vtk-$$VTK_VERSION
LIBS += -lvtkGUISupportQt-$$VTK_VERSION [...]

in the QFitsView.pro files, but this seems quite as an ugly hack. It
also looks like a transition is needed for any minor versions of vtk,
right?

The original upstream code used a privately compiled version with
hardcoded versions.

Any advise here?

Best regards

Ole