Re: updated packages: r-cran-afex, r-cran-logspline, r-cran-desolve

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 09:35:54AM +1000, Jonathon Love wrote:
> >lintian claimed insecure VCS URLs.  The easiest way o fix this is
> >
> >     cme fix dpkg-control
> >
> >... and so I did.  (Please gbp pull).
>
> my lintian doesn't seem to be as persnickety as yours. are you using a newer
> version?
> i'm using the 2.5.43 which is up to date in sid.

I think:

$ cat ~/.lintianrc
color=always
# display-experimental=yes
display-info=yes
# pedantic=yes
## show-overrides=yes

is the explanation for the difference.

> however, *my* lintian is unhappy with the d/control standards-version being
> 3.9.8, and so i always have to change it back to 3.9.7 after i run `cme fix
> dpkg` (to get rid of warnings).

Yep.  Cme is ahead of lintian - so that's no problem.

> what should i be doing here?

Ignore the warning. :-)

> >I'll work down the list of packages (may be it needs until Saturday and
> >will also convert r-cran-xtable to Git for you since I have some
> >experience with this ...)
> >
> awesome! thanks andreas. i appreciate it.

BTW, for xtable the relevant information was in pristine-tar but also the
upstream code was in this branch but should not (also the pristine-tar
of the older version vanished).  I uploaded since it did not affected the
build but somehow your workflow has some flaw.

Another hint:  Its fine that you dropped me from Uploaders but in
principle a comma separated list is OK in Uploaders.