Re: secure URIs for Vcs fields?

Hi,
I am impressed, four answers within minutes, during "the" match of the year.

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 12:49:18PM -0700, Afif Elghraoui wrote:

> There should be a "git" before debian-science:
>  https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-science/....

Thanks! What is the difference between git and cgit, they seem to point to
the same location (generated by cgit)? I guess I'll use git, to save a byte.

> > https://alioth.debian.org/anonscm/git/collab-maint/madbomber.git/
> >

> I think this will get in trouble with lintian for being a non-canonical
> URL (using alioth.debian.org instead of anonscm.debian.org).

That was my first try with this, it wass not working, but now I know how to
correct this.

> You might have looked at a bad example, but try the corrected URL as I
> explained above and see if it works for you.

Yes, that was a random example, I remembered that the package was mentioned
here recently, so I hoped that it was using all the latest tricks.

It seems the Lintian page could need an update, as well as the
debian-science-policy page? Oh, it is more than two years old, it was
probably written before secure URIs were recommended.

Thanks again to all four of you,
Christian