Theano for Debian Science

Hi,

I've packaged Theano [1] now for Debian Science [2, 3].

 Theano is a Python library that allows one to define and evaluate mathematical
 expressions involving multi-dimensional arrays efficiently. It provides a
 high-level Numpy like expression language for functional description of
 calculation, rearranges expressions for speed and stability, and generates
 native machine instructions for fast calculation. Optionally, highly
 accelerated computations could be carried out on graphics cards processors.

It's going into experimental first of all, there were some hangs here on the GPU, which
might aren't reproducible, and it needs some more work.

I'll send more information on how to test drive it etc. when the package is in.

I would suggest to add it to the numerical computation task, where Numpy is.

Thanks,
Daniel Stender

[1] http://www.deeplearning.net/software/theano/

[2] https://bugs.debian.org/576540 (ITP: theano -- Python library to define, optimize, and evaluate mathematical expressions involving multi-dimensional arrays)

[3] https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-science/packages/theano.git

--
4096R/DF5182C8
46CB 1CA8 9EA3 B743 7676 1DB9 15E0 9AF4 DF51 82C8