cmuclmtk license issue

Hi to all,
	last night I was working on some unpublished packages that I worked on a few years ago and I remembered that I have an unsolved license issue.

In particular I have packaged and never released sctk, an ASR (and other speech technologies) scoring toolkit from NIST and cmuclmtk
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/cmusphinx/files/cmuclmtk/), a Language Modeling toolkit.

cmuclmtk is derived from CMU-Cambridge Language Modeling Toolkit v2 and sctk includes a copy of CMU-Cambridge Language Modeling Toolkit v2.

CMU-Cambridge Language Modeling Toolkit v2 license is:

"This software is made available for research purposes only.  It may be
redistributed freely for this purpose, in full or in part, provided
that this entire copyright notice is included on any copies of this
software and applications and derivations thereof.

This software is provided on an "as is" basis, without warranty of any
kind, either expressed or implied, as to any matter including, but not
limited to warranty of fitness of purpose, or merchantability, or
results obtained from use of this software."

According to a conversation I had in 2012 and 2013 with one of the cmuclmtk developers, the main problem is to convince Carnagie Mellon University and Cambridge university
to change the original license. All of the people involved in the development already agreed with the change, but their institutions did not (I do not think anybody tried
to contact them).

I was wondering if anybody on this list has any contact at those institutions and in particular at Cambridge University that can advocate this license change.
AFAIK the software is abandoned and open source alternatives exists, but cmuclmtk is still one of the reference in this field and it would be great if it was free.

Thank you very much for any help and suggestions,
Giulio