Re: chemical drawing program fixes-found out what relro is

On 03.02.2016 22:57, Michael Banck wrote:
Hi,

Hello yourself
Ok, I managed to get it to build now.
Thanks for reviewing!
I ran it through lintian and it flagged a couple more errors/warnings:
I didn't know about lintian before. thanks for explaining
E: lhendraw source: missing-separator-between-items in lhendraw depends
    field between '${shlibs:Depends}' and '${misc:Depends}'
Done.
W: lhendraw source: debhelper-but-no-misc-depends lhendraw
Disappeared.?
E: lhendraw source: uploader-address-malformed Lennard K. Wasserthal
<Wasserthal@nefkom.net> Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org>
Done.
W: lhendraw source: changelog-should-mention-nmu
Done.
W: lhendraw source: source-nmu-has-incorrect-version-number 0.5.9-1
Disappeared.?
W: lhendraw source: syntax-error-in-dep5-copyright line 36: Cannot parse
    line "This license can also be found at this permalink:
http://www.fontsquirrel.com/license/liberation-mono";
Done.
W: lhendraw source: ancient-standards-version 3.9.3 (current is 3.9.6)
How do I change that?
W: lhendraw: hardening-no-relro usr/bin/lhendraw
I will have to do that upstream, no time to do that now, and it would complicate the build systems while the security advantage might be meager.
W: lhendraw: debian-changelog-has-wrong-weekday 2015-03-02 is a Monday
Done.
W: lhendraw: new-package-should-close-itp-bug
We had no itp bug. Is that really usual to have one?
W: lhendraw: duplicate-font-file
    usr/share/lhendraw/LiberationMono-Regular.ttf also in
    ttf-liberation
I want to make sure that it is there on every system the .deb file is installed on.
By the way, I am moving to a own font system, so I can
1. export written text as curves for eps/postscript
2. edit pixelated fonts so they look better
3. get rid of the freetype dependency
E: lhendraw: manpage-is-dh_make-template usr/share/man/man1/lhendraw.1.gz

Lintian is in the package of the same name. You run it on the resulting
.changes file (from dpkg-buildpackage or git-buildpackage) and with the
option -i it gives you lots of information about the issues.

About the errors ('E:'), first two are missing comma as separators. The
last is because some parts of the manpage are still from the template,
probably:

|.SH NAME
|lhendraw \- program to do something

and

|.B bar
|.RI [ options ] " files" ...
Done. Now it tells me "manpage-has-bad-whatis-entry", but whatis seems to work...
>From the warnings ('W:') I think the "duplicate-font-file" is probably
useful to address, if it is possible to adapt the program, or is the
LiberationMono-Regular.ttf you ship in lhendraw a non-standard version?

The "changelog-should-mention-nmu" is because you wrote your name
differently in debian/changelog and debian/control, that makes sense to
harmonize one way or the other.

About the license, I am afraid you will also have to add the full
AGPL-3.0 terms as those are not shipped in /usr/share/common-licenses
(I'd rather would like the AGPL to be shipped as well, but it is not
my call to make).  This is a required change prior to upload, sorry -
otherwise, your package would get rejected during the initial review
by the archive admins.
Sorry for the confusion, with this I meant that the full terms of the
AGPL need to be included in debian/copyright, similar to what you did
for the SIL Open Font License. Note that the format demands that you
indent the text by one blank at the beginning of the line and put '.' in
blank lines, see current short-form adapted from the GPL.  The
formatting issues are probably also the cause for the
"syntax-error-in-dep5-copyright" warning.
Done.

Michael

greetings

Lennard Wasserthal