Re: translate "Debian Science"? (name of the blend)

Hi Thiago

El 28/01/16 a las 18:39, Thiago escribió:
> Hello everybody

Thanks for your quick answer, I think it didn't arrive the list;
replying to the list.

> Yes, I think the names could be translated as "Debian Ciencia" but
> people from each language should be agreed to.
>
> For example, would be German people friendly with "Debian
> Wissenschaft" [0]? Let them to decide themselves, then you can
> forward this issue to each language groups.

Mmm usually each language team decides, depending on the culture of
the target group and the policy of the own team. It would be very
difficult to 'impose' a policy across localizations, and this is ok, IMH
O.

What you can state is the preference of the Debian Science team, in
hope that the language teams follow that recommendation. Hence my
question.

Best regards

> Att.
>
> [0] https://als.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wissenschaft
>
> Em 28-01-2016 15:26, Laura Arjona Reina escreveu:
>> Hi Debian Science friends
>>
>> (Please CC me, I'm not subscribed).
>>
>> Thanks for working in scientific free software.
>>
>> Information about blends arrived the main Debian website
>> (www.debian.org/blends) and in the Spanish language team we are
>> thinking about if translating the names of the blends or not.
>>
>> We would do what you consider better, and we'll do our best to
>> keep consistency across website, package descriptions, etc.
>>
>> Should "Debian Science" (the name of the blend) be translated?
>> In Spanish it would be "Debian Ciencia". Or better to keep it as
>> is, as a "brand"?
>>
>> Thanks

- --
Laura Arjona Reina