Re: Fwd: Re: [Caffe] uploaded to mentors but NOT RFS

On Wed, 2015-09-09 at 09:03 +0000, lumin wrote:

> note that nvidia-cuda-toolkit is from non-free.  And packages from main
> can't build-depend on non-free components :-/  It means that it might
> be necessary either to
>
> 1. move caffe into contrib (again, away from main :-( )
>
> 2. or  provide two source packages, of which main would build only
> CPU implementation while in non-free would build both/only GPU
> (depending how organized).
>
> Or is there a better solution which I am missing somehow?

When I'm initializing package "Caffe" I wrote so:

source: caffe: contrib (because build-deps on CUDA)
binary: caffe-cpu: main/science (because it has absolutely no
relationship with contrib/non-free blobs.)
binary: caffe-cuda: contrib/science (dep on CUDA)

However this is conflicting with POLICY, so I just bumped
them all into contrib/{science,...}

Now  the source package debian-science/caffe is designed to
be able to be built twice, one is caffe-cpu and another is caffe-cuda.
So I don't want to change it as it works very well on my machines.

Now the *only* blocker is just, *FTBFS* on several ARCHs (thanks to Debian DoM service).

P.S. Now upstream code is not quite stable, so I plan
to just upload caffe to experimental, even if CUDA-6.5 is
transitioning into sid.

Thanks :-)