RFM: transition of flint

Hi,

I need some mentoring for my first library transition. I have a hard time getting exactly what the page on transitions explains (https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/ReleaseTeam/Transitions).

The source package is flint, and produced libflint-2.4.5 ; now it produces libflint-2.5.2 -- both can coexist.

There is a single reverse dependency, which is singular -- and I checked singular is only a recompilation away from using the newer version of flint.

Tobias (Hansen) pushed the new version in experimental and it cleared off NEW, so the ball is rolling.

The second step is "Ensure it builds on all architectures in testing, where it built previously." -- it doesn't say exactly how I'm supposed to check that.

The third step is about getting a transition tracker. I have it (https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-flint.html) ! But the page says that if it's not useful I should generate an applicable one. I have no clue how one generates an "applicable one" even though the one I have looks quite useless: - it says there are bad depends -- libflint-2.4.5 isn't bad, as it can coexist with libflint-2.5.2 ;
- it doesn't list singular as needed anything, even though it should ;
- it says it can't smooth update because libflint-2.4.5 being neither in libs nor oldlibs -- what does that even mean ?

As you see I'm pretty confused.

The example workflow down on the same page looks nicer, as 1-5 are already done and it looks like the rest is binNMU for singular at step 9. That example workflow doesn't mention me trying to get a proper transition tracker myself nor checking anything with testing.

Thanks,

Snark on #debian-science