Re: r-cran-rinside good to go

Hi Dirk,

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 12:07:04PM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> On 31 August 2015 at 18:40, Jonathon Love wrote:
> | hi andreas.
> |
> | r-cran-rinside should be good to go.
>
> Is there a reason I shouldn't maintain, being upstream and all that?

At first sight I see two reasons why it is sensible that Jonathon
maintains the package.

  1. https://bugs.debian.org/797575
  2. https://summittest.debconf.org/debconf15/meeting/278/the-perils-of-a-too-good-packaging-team/
     (video is available here
      http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2015/debconf15/The_Perils_of_a_Too_Good_Packaging_Team.webm)

I have no idea how you conclude that you should not maintain the package
since it is team maintained and its simple to add yourself as Uploader.
(ACLs are set so any DD has commit permission to the Git repository.)

Please let us know if you volunteer to sponsor the package.