Re: adoption: from collab-maint to debian-science

On 20.05.2015 16:02, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I am on my way to adopt a math package (mpfi not to mention it) currently maintained
> as collab-maint package: I would like to bring it to debian-science:
> what is the best to do so ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jerome

I've done that lately for the Gummi repo. My procedure was

1) ssh into git.debian.org and create the new repo in /git/debian-science
running ./setup-repository

2) in the local repo, set the new remote with
$ git remote set-url origin ssh://username@anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-science/packages/foo.git

to prevent the science-commits list get floated with commit messages it's
maybe a good idea to

3) comment out the line containing "/usr/local/bin/git-commit-notice" in
hooks/post-receive in the remote folder foo.git

4) then push the local repo to the new remote:
$ git push --set-upstream origin-all and $ git push --tags

5) restore hooks/post-receive

That's basically it.

Hope it helps,
Daniel Stender